Job ID: 202488349
1 - 3 years
Job Title: Site Energy Manager
The site energy manager position will be funded under NYSERDA’s On-Site Energy Manager Pilot program, PON 3701 and will operate for two years with Huron’s intent to hire the individual on a permanent basis at the end of the program. The individual’s primary goals will be to reduce site energy consumption and comply with documentation/ reporting requires as outlined in NYSERDA PON 3701 application. Progress and final reports/ presentations will be required.
The on-site manager individual will review site energy consumption and usage patterns and identify areas where energy usage can be reduced. The individual will provide engineering, energy analysis, project management, energy studies, perform building audits, build teams, provide recommendations on capital projects to reduce overall site energy usage and technical support regarding commissioning and operation of new and exist building systems. Develop energy management policy/ plan, setting targets, develop training guides and lessons learned registry. The selected individual will meet with maintenance technicians/ operators and tenants to discuss maintenance and operational opportunities to reduce energy cost. Reports, detailed documentations and presentations will be required to communicate energy savings, secure approval for capital funding and meet/ exceed NYSERDA’s reporting requirements.
Specific Skills Required:
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge and troubleshooting / problem solving skills. Experience regarding HVAC, central utility plants and electrical systems are preferred.
- Highly motivate individual with great leadership skills and passion to lead and build teams across multiple disciplined departments.
- Able to understand technical issues and interact with the engineering, maintenance, and finance departments.
- Ability to develop, communicate, make decision and implement plan while remaining flexible.
- Good understanding of engineering economics and solid business skills able to format information for presentation to Huron’s Board. Previous experience is mandatory.
- Good computer background required for data collection, project cost estimates, scheduling and presentations.
- Good communication/ presentation skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as environmental management, energy engineering, mechanical/ electrical engineering.
- Professional Engineering license or Fundamentals of Engineering Certification (preferred).
- Certified Engineer Manager (CEM), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), LEED Professional Credentials, Business Energy Professional or equal certification (preferred).
- Work experience at energy analysis and presenting energy projects in large campus setting.
- Military background also a plus.
- Must be willing to work occasionally during off shifts and weekends, including overtime when required to gather data and information from different departments.
- Must have a positive and professional attitude in working with coworkers, engineering, management and contractors.
- Must be able to lift at least 10 lbs., walk 70-acre campus, climb ladders and stand for periods of time.