1 - 3 years
Construction Health and Safety Officer
We are seeking motivated, electrical transmission and distribution experienced professionals with excellent communication skills. Must be willing to travel with extended stays at times.
In this role, your duties will include:
- Oversee all site workers and activities for Clients employees and their sub-contractor’s employees to work safely.
- Conduct Site Audits and Daily Job Site Safety Reviews to ensure proficiency in safe work practices and methods
- Conduct job site Audits to ensure compliance with Client, Contactor, State, OSHA, and DOT procedures and regulations are being followed.
- Help report and conduct investigations of occupational injuries, illnesses, incidents, accidents as well as near miss.
- Maintain on site records for employee training, drug and alcohol testing, property damage, injury reports and worker’s compensation claim forms.
- Conduct training sessions for newly hired employees; Substation Awareness, Electrical Hazard Awareness, Review Site Environmental Policies, etc.
- Provide and or conduct daily and weekly safety meeting topics if needed.
- Complete monthly and weekly status reports
- Electric Utility Experience
- Certification with any of the following: CHST, ASP, CSP or CUSP
- 2 years of Construction-related Safety experience
- 30 Hour Construction Outreach Training
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training is desirable, but not required
Job ID: 250899304