Buffalo Environmental Consultants Inc. is seeking a full-time Senior Environmental Health and Safety Professional in our EHS Department for our Niagara Falls, NY office. In this position, you will work with existing clients on their Health and Safety compliance programs. You will also be responsible for client relationships and project management duties. Responsibilities will be split between technical EHS consulting (primary), project management and client management. You will provide technical leadership, mentor others and may manage staff over time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Embed at client sites for day to day EHS oversight
- Complete and finalize specific project tasks according to deadlines and within budget
- Project research (historical, analytical, etc.)
- Communication with client and subject site representatives
- EHS Training development and presentation
- Report authoring
- Preparation of quality supporting documents
- Complete specific project tasks as directed by the Program Director.
- Conduct project research as applicable to scope of work (historical, analytical, etc.).
- Data compilation and organization.
- Conducting site reconnaissance, including EHS oversight of activities, if necessary.
- Environmental Health and Safety report authoring.
- Preparation of quality supporting report documents/files.
- Effectively communicate project progress and issues with Program Director and Client.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones to ensure project progress status is on schedule.
- Identify and resolve issues with projects.
- Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or by email), recommendations to the Program Director and Client.
- Coordinate and respond to requests from Client.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
- Ability to work on projects concurrently
- Proven ability to successfully deliver a quality product on time
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- OSHA Certification
- 5 + years’ experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout the work shift.
Job ID: 257476872