Buffalo Environmental Consultants Inc. is seeking a full-time Project Manager in our Industrial Hygiene Department for our Niagara Falls, NY office. In this position, you will work with existing clients on their Health and Safety and Industrial Hygiene compliance programs and you will also develop business with new and existing clients, so responsibilities will be split between technical EHS consulting, business development, project management, and client management. You will provide technical leadership, mentor others and may manage staff over time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Complete and finalize specific project tasks according to deadlines and within budget
- Project research (historical, analytical, etc.)
- Communication with client and subject site representatives
- Data compilation and organization
- Report authoring
- Preparation of quality supporting documents (site figures, appendices, etc.)
- Other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager associated with report deliverable schedule and plan.
- Complete specific project tasks as directed by the Project Manager.
- Conduct project research as applicable to scope of work (historical, analytical, etc.).
- Data compilation and organization.
- Conducting site reconnaissance, including sampling activities, if necessary.
- Technical report authoring.
- Preparation of quality supporting report documents/files.
- Effectively communicate project progress and issues with the Project Manager.
- Maintain communication with team members throughout the course of the project.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones to ensure project progress status is on schedule.
- Provide solid recommendations and solutions to the Project Manager and clients, while understanding the assessment’s potential impact on the transaction process.
- Identify and resolve issues with projects.
- Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or by email), recommendations to the Project Manager and Client.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes in project scope.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
- Ability to work on projects concurrently
- Proven ability to successfully deliver a quality product on time
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team
- Ability to travel throughout the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in biological/physical sciences or engineering preferred
- OSHA Cert preferred
- CIH strong preference or significant experience equivalent
- CSP or experience
- 5 + years’ experience, preference for 7+ years
- Minimum 3 years project management experience or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout the work shift.
Job ID: 257476955